RULES AND REGULATIONS
This rule book belongs to International Council of SQAY Martial Arts and its related units. These rules shall also be applicable to School Games competitions.
Players have to compete with weapons known as “TURA” which is a Synthetic Fiber Stick covered with soft leather and a shield which is made by soft leather.
SQAY (Martial Art) is the art of Physical, Mental and Spiritual Education. Body exercise and training in self defense and sports that aims at infusing habits which will be beneficial through life and is useful both for individual as well as for the nation.
SQAY is a practical fighting technique, a formal method of physical and mental training and competition combat sports.
Tournament of SQAY Martial Art are held at Sparing matches in which some SQAY Techniques are not permitted and only a few are used very often. To Avoid injuries all such Tura blows, strikes and kicks are controlled and pulled back after light contact to the body
EVENTS LOBA (FIGHT)
Officials and their duties:
For conducting a match, the required official penal is
1.One centre referee in the central of arena
2.One Asst. Referee in the centre of Arena
3.One Chief Jury / Judge
5.One Asst. Scorer
6.One Record Keeper
DUTIES OF REFREES
The centre referee will start the bout and indicate the point by signaling and calling the scorer for points and side, indicating by his hand controls the bout during play.
The Asst. Referee will also be in the center of the Arena and will assist the Centre Referee by indicating the points.
CHIEF JURY / CHIEF JUDGE:
The Chief Jury / Chief Judge is the head of Referee panel and if there is any dispute between Centre Referee and Asst. Referee the decision of Chief Jury will be the final. Call the competitor to the Arena and decide the timing of the bout.
The scorer has to fill up the score in the score sheet for record of the match.
The Asst. Scorer will write the score on the score board.
The record keeper has to keep all the records of the bouts and also to verify the eligibility certificates of the participants.
HOW TO START A MATCH
The centre Referee takes his position. The contestants stand facing toward each other on their toes to the starting line and bow towards each other. The referee will start the bout with a call on “LEGYASHA”. The contestants will stop the fight when referee will call “WORDIGA” and the Referee will announce score or foul made after announcing the score or foul the Referee will start the bout with call “LEGYASHA” and the bout will start again.
DURATION OF BOUT
A bout (match) for Under 14 Boys and Girls. Under 17 Girls and Under 19 Girls are of 3 minutes but it will be extended up to five minute in case of no score or tie. For under 17 boys and under 19 boys the duration of Bout (Match) is 5 minutes it can be extended up to 7 minute in case of no score in Extra time, the match will be decided by sudden death.
In sudden Death Method one who scores the first point is the winner of the match. The duration for the sudden death is 1 minute for under 14 boys and girls and under 17 girls, under 19 and under 17, under 19 boys. The duration of 2 minutes if both the players will not score then the decision will be given by Referee’s and Chief Jury for that contestant who has attached much time with perfect techniques.
MEASUREMENT OF ARENA
The arena for the match should be clean and soft. The bout can be conducted on the mats but the mats should be soft and colored. The arena for under 14 boys and girls, under 17 girls, under 19 girls is about 5 meters square, without obstacles and for under 17 boys and under 19 boys the arena should be of 6.5 meters.
- Tura: Length of Tura is 2.6feets made of Faber stick covered with soft leather for Under 17, Under 19 Boys and Girls and for under 14 boys and girls the length of the Tura is two feets.
- Bargula: It should be circle shaped ring and made of soft leather 12 to 13 inches in diameter for under 17 and under 19 boys and girls and for under 14 boys and girls the diameter of the shield should be 9 to 19 inches.
- Chest Guard: The chest guard should be made up of soft leather which covers the chest and the body of the player.
- Head Guard: The head guard should be made up of soft leather which covers the head and face of the contestant but the eyes nose and mouth should be open.
The equipment should be approved by sports Authorities, International Council of SQAY or School games Federation
METHOD OF SCORING
Scoring is using during recognized competition. SQAY Techniques in good form, on the permitted scoring area on the opponents body. Actual physical contact is strictly limited and is not required for scoring. Light contact is permitted on the body only very light contact is permitted on the face and head. Points can be awarded for controlled techniques having a force within to in of the target surface excessive physical contact always result in disqualification.
- DRE: A DRE is awarded for a blow that strike with good form, good attitude, and strong vigor, constant alertness of mind, proper timing and correct distance.
- DHA: A DHA is awarded for a blow that is less correct but still effective, for example the opponent is moving away from the below, the below is slightly off target, the below is delivered from an unstable position.
- YAW: A YAW is awarded for a Tura strike which will be perfect on target with pull back at right time.
- KAKODAY: A KAKODAY is given if a player goes outside the arena during the fight.
- TURA AFTAUSHWA: A TURA ARTAUSHA is given if the Tura or the shield falls from the hands of the player.
- MUKO: A MUKO is given to a player ignores the word of Referee or broking the rules and regulations of the game or by leaving the arena without the permission of the Referee. Then the referee gave warning to a player by saying MUKO.
- DASIMUKO: If a MUKO is given again to a player two times and player commits again foul the Referee says loudly DASI MUKO means strong warning.
- OWAZA: If a DASI MUKO is given again to a player and he repeats the foul then the Referee will say OWAZA meaning disqualify. Then the player is out from the tournament and the player cannot participate in this tournament in any category.
- OTHER POINTS: A full point is still given for less powerful blows the attack was delivered just at the moment when the opponent begins to move towards the attacker the attack was delivered just at the moment when the opponent was thrown off balance by attacker, a combination of effective blows was applied, combination of Tura and kick or of Tura. The opponent has loss his fighting spirit and turned his back on the attacker, the attacker was delivered on defenseless part of the opponent.
- NO POINTS: No point is awarded if an attacker fails to deliver blow the moments he/ she seized or thrown his opponent two opponents score simultaneously, no point is counted Scoring techniques delivered simultaneously with the end time seized or counted, as are techniques delivered if attacker is inside the match area but his opponents is outside.
YAW : Two Yaw’s are equal to one DHA
DHA : Two DHA’s are equal to one DRE
DRE : If a player get three DRE that means he has won the Bout.
KOKODAY : 1st two KOKODAY are equal to one YAW, then
2nd KOKODAY is equal to one DHA, third KOKODAY is equal to DRE and after that every KOKODAY is equal to DRE
TURA ARTAUSHMA: One TURA is equal to one YAW. 2nd TURA is equal to DHA, third one is equal to DRE after that every TURA is equal to DRE
MUKO : 1st two MUKOs are equal to one YAW and 3rd MUKO is equal to DHA
DASIMUKO : One DASIMUKO is equal to one DRE after that Referee will directly call OWAZA that means the Player is disqualified.
VALUE OF SCORING
- DRE = 10 Points Positive
- DHA = 5 Points Positive
- YAW = 3 Points Positive
- KOKODAY = 1.5 Points Negative
- TURA ARTAVSHWA = 3 Points Negative
- MUKO = 3 Points Negative
- DASIMUKO = 10 Points Negative
- OWAZA = Disqualify.
INJURIES AND ACCIDENTS IN COMPETITION.
- For facture is the decision given when a contestant or contestants refuse to continue abarden the bout. As are with down on the order of the referee the grounds for abandonment may include injury not aberibable to the opponent’s actions.
- If two contestants causes injuries to each other at the same time as are suffering from the effects of previously occurred injury and are declared by the tournament doctor to be unable to
continue the bout is awarded to the contestant who had amassed the most points at that time if the points are equal then the decision will be given by the Chief Jury and two Refrees jointly.
- An injured contestant who has been declared unfit to fight by the tournament doctor can not fight again in that competition.
- An injured contestant who wins a bout through disqualification of the opponent cannot fight again in the competition without permission from the doctor. If he /she is injured he / she may win a second bout by disqualification. In this case the player is immediately withdrawn from further competition in the tournament.
- When a contestant is injured, the referee shall at once stop the bout and help the injured contestant, at the same time calling the doctor is authorized to diagnose and treat injury only. He may also make recommendations for the safety of the injured contestant.
- If a contestant refuses to continue or requests permission to quit after a minor injury shall loose the bout.
A foul may result in private warning of the referee voice (MUKO) public warning by the referee in a loud voice (DASI MUKO) disqualification, announced by referee (OWAZA)
FOULS: The following are the fouls:-
- Direct attacks to the body other than the arm’s and legs.
- Dangerous techniques, such as blows to the eyes or testicles.
- Dangerous strikes by Tura or kick.
- Direct attack on skin.
- Direct attack on the hips, knee joint or insteps.
- Excessive moving out of the match area or wasting time.
- Ignoring contesting rules.
- Un-sportsman like behavior.
- Hitting with the elbow or grip of TURA
- Striking a competitor when he is down.
- Throw the TURA or shield directly on the ground.
- One who argues with the referee
- One who misbehaves with the referee
- On who neglect the words of the referee
- One who fouls or breaks the rules of the championship.
- One who gives thrill to opponent by crazing
Centre referee has the power to disqualify any player if he / she fails to obey the referee becomes over excited to the excellent of being considered a danger to his opponent, breaks match rules with malicious intent, or breaks match rules in some other way. If he / she neglect the word of referee if he / she breaks any rule of the competition or doing any kind of fault during the fight.
- No one may protest personally to the arbitrator referee or Judge about their judgment. Referee decision is final.
- Player cannot lodge any protest. In case of any misunderstanding between the referees the manager or coach can lodge a protest.
- The protest should be lodged in writing after the end of bout within 30 minutes.
There will be no time out during the bout except the official time out.
Khawankay is an important part of Martial Art & without the knowledge of Khawankay a player is not complete in the field of martial arts. The International Council of SQAY known the fact and has included Khawankay events in federation as well as school games competitions for all age groups Boys / Girls. There are two events in Khawankay.
INDIVIDUAL & TEAM EVENT
There are two events in Individual Khawankay Competition for Sub-Junior / U14 Boys & Girls.
Junior U18 / U17 Boys / Girls and senior men / women
Under 19 is only for school games competitions
A) Primary Khawankay B) Secondary Khawankay
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The competitor should be in proper prescribed blue SQAY Uniform.
- The Arena of the Khawankay competition is 5 meter square for all competitors.
- The ground should be plane without any obstacles.
- On the call of refree, you should enter in the arena & announce loudly the name of Khawankay which you are going to perform. After completing your Khawankay on the permission of refree you should leave the arena.
You should only perform the Khawankay whom name you have announced. If you will perform wrong Khawankay there will be no point.
1. Right start & finish (2 points)
2. Perfect stance (3 points)
3. Perfection of Khawankay (3 points)
4. Proper sounds & perfect timing (2 points)
The team should be of three players. There will be only one event in team Khawankay. The points will be given on the performance of whole team. The point system of team event is same as of individual event. Once you have submitted the name for the team event it can not be changed any player but if there is any injury or ill ness of any player it is the description of Director whether he can allow the change or not.
In case of tie the director have power to decide the match on the basis one who committed more fouls or give one more chance. But there should be change in the performing skill.
Mathol is an important part of Martial Art. A player who does not know the skills of breaking is incomplete in the field of martial art.
The council knows this fact & has included the mathol events in all Federation and School games competitions in state, national and international level. The council is going to conduct mathol competitions in All age groups boys / girls, the mathol competitions will be conducted also in school games competitions.
There are two categories in mathol event.
•Individual mathol event, the competitor will enter in the arena on the Refrees call.
•The arena for mathol events are five meters square for all age groups boys and girls.
•On the refrees call “Ligasha” the competitor will perform their skill.
•The equipment for mathol should be competitors on his own.
•But the competitor has to surrender his equipment before the scheduled breaking to get verify from the officials of breaking panel before the scheduled breaking.
•Glass breaking is strictly prohibited; Duration of breaking is 3 minutes maximum.
•The competitor should be in the proper prescribed SQAY uniform.
•No fire breaking is allowed.
- Position & follow up 2 Points.
- Perfect breaking in perfect timing 2 Points.
- Stance with perfect sound on breaking time 2 Points.
- Quantity of breaking item 3 Points
Total 10 Points.
The federations will conduct team breaking for all age groups boys and girls in federation and school games competitions.
The minimum team should be of 2 players.
The performance will be monitor of whole team
The point method will be same as in individual event.
In the modern life aerobic exercises plays an important rule for the development of physical fitness keeping view the facts and the interest of new generation International Council of SQAY has included a new thrilling even Aero SQAY in competitions.
Aero “SQAY” will be conducted in all recognized competitions conducted by school games federations, SQAY federations and its affiliated units for all age groups boys & girls. There are three categories in Aero SQAY.
Individual Team Mix Team
Individual competition, the competitor will perform their skills on the refrees call “Legaysha” the competitor should bring their own “CD”. The time duration of performance is maximum 3 minutes.
The arena for the Aero SQAY is 5 meters for all age groups boys and girls. Prescribed blue SQAY uniform is compulsory for all age groups.
The team shall be minimum of 3 players for team event of Aero SQAY for boys and girls all age groups. The points will be given to monitor the performance of the whole team.
MIX TEAM EVENT OF AERO SQAY:-
The mix team event of Aero SQAY will be conducted for all age groups for all recognized competitions conducted by school games federations. SQAY federations and its affiliated units. The competition will be conducted in mix boys and girls. The team should be maximum 3 players
POINT SYSTEM: – + POINTS
1. Perfect technique 3 Points
2. Start & finish 2 Points
3. Stance 3 Points
4. Stamina 3 Points
Total 10 Points
1. Un-balance 3 Points
2. Start & finish – 2 points
3. Dance moments 3 Points
4. Co-ordination with music 2 Points
Total 10 Points
A competitor can participate maximum in 2 individual and 1 team event.
The player who is disqualified in any one event, can not participate any other event during the competition.
However if the player apologies for the same, the jury will decide it after seeing the nature of offence whether he is permitted or not for other events.
The jury reserved the right to disqualify the player for minimum one year.
CHIEF JURY / CHIEF JUDGE:-
The chief Jury / Chief Judge is the head of the refree panel and if there is any dispute between two judges the decision of the Chief Judge will be final.
The chief judge will call the competitor in the arena and decide the timing of the bout. The chief judge will start and finish the bout by blowing whistle.
JUDGE 1 & 2
The judge 1 & 2 for Khawankay, Aero SQAY, Mathol, has to see the performance of the competitors and give marks regarding there performance.
The time keeper will record the time properly and bellow the buzzer at the end of the time.
SCHOOL GAMES COMPITITION
Under 14 years.
WEIGHT CATEGORIES BOYS AND GIRLS
S. No Boys Girls
01. Below 25 Kgs Below 23 Kgs.
02. —29—- —27—-
03. —-33—- —31—
04. —-37—- —35—-
05. —-41—- —39—–
06. —-45—– —43—–
07. —-Open Weight—- — Open——
08 ….k1 ……. …….k1…….
UNDER 17 BOYS AND GIRLS
S. No Boys Girls
01. Below 40 Kgs Below 36 Kgs
02. —-44—— —-40—–
03. —-48—- —-44—–
04. —–52—– —-48——
05. —–56—– —-52——
06. —–60—- —-56—–
07. —Open Weight—– — Open—–
08 ………k1………….. ……k1……
09 …..k2…………….. …..k2…….
UNDER 19 BOYS AND GIRLS
S. No Boys Girls
01. —-46—– —–42—–
02. —-50—– —–46—–
03. —-54—– —–50——
04. —-58—– —–54—–
05. —-62—- —–58—–
06. —-66—- —–62—–
07. —-Open—- —Open—-
08 …..k2…… ……k2…….
09 …..k3……. ……k3……
10 ….IAS…….. …..IAS…….
WEIGHT CATEGORY FOR FEDERATION NATIONALS
S. No Boys Girls
01. Below 25 Kgs Below 24 Kgs
02. —29— —28—-
03. —-33—- —32—-
04. —-37—- —36—–
05. —- 41—- —40—-
06. —–45—- —44—-
07. —Open Wight—– —Open—-
08 …..k1…… ……k1…….
09 ……k2…… …….k2……
10 …..IAS…….. ……IAS…….
JUNIOR UNDER 18 YEARS.
S. No Boys Girls
01. Below 40 Kgs Below 36 Kgs
02. —44—- —40—-
03. —48—- —-44—-
04. —-52—- —-48—
05. —56—- —-52—–
06. —60—- —56—-
07. —Open Wight— —Open—-
08 …..k2…… ……k2…….
09 ……k3……. …….k3……
10 …….IAS…….. …….IAS…….
SENIOR ABOVE 18 YEARS.
S.No Boys Girls
01. Below 50 Kgs Below 46 Kgs
02. —–54—– —-50—–
03. —–58—– —-54—–
04. —–62—– —-58—-
05. —–66—– —-62—-
06. —–70—- —-66—-
07. —–75—- —-70—–
08. —-Open weight—- — Open—–
09 …..BK4…… ……Bk4…….
10 ……Bk5……. …….Bk5……
11 …..BK6…… ……Bk6……
12 ……Bk7……. …….Bk7……
13 …….IAS…….. …….IAS…….
The weight categories for SQAY championships conducted by SQAY Federations and its affiliated units are as under.
SUB JUNIOR UNDER 14 YEARS.
S. No Men’s Women
01. Below 50 Kgs Below 48Kgs
02. —-55—- —–52—–
03. —-60—- —–56—-
04 —-65—- —-60—
05 —-70—— —-64—–
06 —-75—– —-68—-
07. —Open weight—- —– Open—-
The black belt holder can play only when they are recognized or identified by the SFs/SQAY Academy HQ Drangbal Pampore Kashmir (J&K)
International council of SQAY has included new events in its regular four events from January 2008 to popularize and boast the SQAY in world arena. The new event is snow SQAY; it is different than other regular events. It is a winter sport and will be played at snow. The event will be in musical form including skills of SQAY and Aerobic exercise in musical form. The event will be of 3 minutes.
There will be two type of competitions individual and mix team events. The mix team event will be of four players, two boys and two girls. Three players will perform the skill and one will be the substitute. The Arena of Snow SQAY will be of 5 meters square. The scoring method will be same as the scoring of Aero- SQAY.
We hope this winter sport will boast the sport in the youths and young generations, and the SQAY player will remain busy in all seasons. This activity will help to popularize the SQAY very past. This event will be
Thrilling and entertaining for all those who are involved with SQAY Martial Art.
WORDS TO REMEMBER
LEGYASHA : Start
WORDEGA : Stop
YUSHANDA : Equal
WOLDRSHAA : Get Ready
WOCHATKA : Take it
SPEEN : White
SHIN : Green
KATASHAH : Bow
OGATAH : Winner
MUKO : Warning
OWAZA : Disqualify
TURA : Sword
SQAYER : Player
MASHER : Master
ASHAP waza ;- Horse stance
Gharba waza ;- Cat Stance
Justan Paszanie ;- Jump Kick
Paszadan ;- Back Kick
Namie Charkish ;- Round Kick
Sow Paszanie ;- Side Kick
Nerrow Paszanie ;- Thrust Kick
KHAWANKAY LESSON FORM